Sunday 9 October 2011

Swimming



I always had a deep connection with the water. There’s just something about the water- holding your breath and diving deep down under it and just letting it surround you and support you- that makes me feel so peaceful.  No matter what’s going on in my life, whatever stresses I'm feeling, whatever's on my mind, goes away for just a split second when I'm holding my breath under water.  Everything is silent and it’s just you and the water.Swimming is one of my favorite activities. Whenever I am in a swimming pool, I always swim the freestyle and breaststroke.  I swim at my own pace as a way to relax.  Swimming is also one of my favorite events to watch at the Olympics. 

Types of Swimming Strokes


There are numbers of different swimming styles that each swimmer based on own position to water will indicate the appropriate style.  We have called these styles as strokes.
There are four different types of strokes that most swimmers use, which are:
1. Breaststroke
2. Butterfly
3. Front Crawl
4. Backstroke

1.Breaststroke
In Breaststroke the swimmer is on his or her chest while the upper body does not rotate. Breaststroke is the most popular fun style since the swimmer has ability to keep the head out of the water for large amount of time. In the swimming competitions the breaststroke is the slowest certified stroke.

2.Butterfly

In Butterfly the swimmer is on the breast with both arms moving all together. The butterfly stroke is more difficult which needs good techniques to be useful. It is also requires more energy and strength compare to other strokes.

3. Front Crawl

Front Crawl which also called Australian Crawl or American Crawl is the fastest strokes compare to other 3 strokes however it is difficult to find a good breathing point. In the front crawl body is to the water surface with hips and legs behind the shoulders at all times. The leg is moving up and down at all times. Arms following each other through and over the top of water.
4. Backstroke



The Backstroke is like an upside down version of front crawl. There are an advantage and disadvantage with this style. The advantage of this style is swimmers can easily breathe during swimming and in other hand the disadvantage of this style is that swimmers are not able to see where they are going.

Tahoora





No comments:

Post a Comment